Friday, January 22, 2010

moving to my own groove

for some reason lately I just haven't been...motivated. Hell, I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. But that was probably due to the food poisoning from last night....I digress. I have noticed lately, since my current store is closing, that not only are people negative, they also seem to be not self sufficient. And some people just don't know how to read a situation.

The only card runs left in our store are the ones up front. Everything in the back section is tore down and in piles of plastic, wood, and metal, and yet every day we get at LEAST ten people asking, "Are you guys closing?!" Which is always followed by a, "Oh! That's so sad! They closed the one one (insert intersection here). Are all the Hallmarks closing?"

Well, if ALL of the Hallmarks were closing then they would ALL be having liquidation sales. Which they aren't. So they can't be closing. We always need to look a price up for someone even though the price is smack dab on the item. We have to do math now in our heads to figure out for people how much (insert percentage) off would make the price come down to. I say, if you can't figure it out...don't buy it.

And of course, we can't forget the people who have decided that the store is closing, they can leave their trash wherever they damn well please. List of most recent items found: a full Starbucks coffee cup, left over Chinese from the food court, random bag full of returns that no one has claimed, and, of course, a half eaten pretzel. The whole experience is just marvelous...

So, go ahead random customer, ask me if we are closing. See if I care that you are sad. See if I care that you want to know if I am switching stores because, quite frankly, I think you could care less...just as long as the (insert percentage)

Yeah. . .

I told a co-worker that I was going to go to jail for hitting an old woman. Just you wait random customer. You may just be the last straw. And my mug shot will have me smiling. A huge, ear to ear, take-that-you-person-who-can't-be-self-sufficient, smile. :D
Hi Mom.

No comments: