Sunday, January 24, 2010

closed books are sad books

I just found out that I need to add a countdown at the bottom of the page. The NEXT book for the House of Night series comes out soon. I overheard my mom's scrap book talking about it. And, if you read a particular post on my Freedom to Create blog, which, quite frankly has gone by the wayside, you would know that I was so excited for the sixth book, Tempted, to come out about a year ago. Before I knew there was a sixth one coming out, the year before that I tore through numbers one through five. Scrounging up random coins to pay for number five. I was the weird customer of the day for my local Borders. When Tempted made it's debut, I actually pre-ordered it. Got it the day it came out and...well...you would think that I tore through that too. You would be incorrect.

It has been sitting on my lamp-bookshelf.

Closed.

For a year.

And now, I have less than two months to tear through it, which, if I were still in high school, would be no sweat. However, college, while you can bring food into classes and text without having your phone taken away, doesn't lead a lot of free time to read a book for fun. And, walking down the hall with your nose in a book is hard! I mean, it is difficult just to text while you walk down the hall!

BUT, my store is officially done on Wednesday. Sunday the 31st I work and then I have a whole week off until I work again on Saturday the 6th. So, in between homework I plan to read that book if it kills me. Which it won't so it's all good.

This series is rather refreshing. It isn't just the plain old love story about vampires. There is some saving the world thrown in there too. I would dare to say I like it better than Twilight, but that comes with strings attached. They are just too different to compare. Here is the series so far:

1-Marked
2-Chosen
3-Betrayed
4-Untamed
5-Hunted
6-Temped
7-Burned ->release date: May 27th

and there are more to come! Hopefully I can keep up. House of Night: Wikipedia

No comments: